Tenor – Choirmaster – Ensemble Singer
A local of Sarawak, Scott has been an avid choral singer since young. He has had the opportunity to take on multiple roles in the classical music landscape, including those of lay clerk, choirmaster, musical director, talent agent and concert producer, both locally and abroad.
As a conductor, he has had experience coaching community and college choirs for over 25 years now, often bringing them to win top 3 positions in competitions. He was also appointed as Judge for the Miri Divisional Patriotic Choral Competition in 2004 and subsequently as Chief Judge in 2005.
As a chorister, his affiliations include the Sinfoni Orkestra Negeri Sarawak (SONS),
The Philharmonic Society of Selangor, the National Choir of Malaysia, St John Cathedral Choir (Brisbane, Australia), St John Cathedral Singers (Brisbane, Australia), Kirchenchor St Maria (Kassel, Germany) and Kantorei St. Martin (Kassel, Germany).
As an ensemble musician, he has sung locally with the National Choir Consort, The Summer Singers and The Choristers; and abroad with the Brisbane Chamber Choir (Australia), Compagnia Vocale Kassel (Germany) and MMM Quartet Kassel (Germany).
On the solo singing front, Scott has had the privilege of seeking voice guidance from Soprano Claris Chin, Soprano Syafinaz Selamat, Tenor Low Kok Yau, Counter-tenor David Ngim, Bass-Baritone Aw Yeow Hoay and presently, Baritone Cha Seng Tiang. A leggiero tenor in his own right, Scott has performed solo music of the Baroque period, German lieder, Chinese art songs and Broadway Musical songs in concerts.
Upon returning from Germany in 2017, Scott strives to promote different portfolios of classical vocal and choral repertoire to the Malaysian audiences, primarily via VerSeS Music Ensembles (a company he founded in 2002) and “The Singing Balcony” initiative.
Scott enjoys sharing music in no-frills settings and hopes to see music making and music appreciation become a part of everyday life.
来自东马砂撈越州的伍玹汏,自小热爱音乐。他曾经在大马，澳洲和欧洲担任过职业歌手、合唱指挥、音乐总监、歌手代理和制作人。自2017年回马后，伍氏以VerSeS的名义和The Singing Balcony “歌唱阳台” 计划，积极推广古典独唱与合唱歌曲，目求开拓本地新一代的听众。伍氏声乐师承男中音谢承钿。
- Ensemble Singer with the Malaysian Bach Festival Orchestra and Singers in The St Matthew Passion BWV 244 on 19th and 20th July in Kuala Lumpur; 22nd July in Muar.
- Ensemble Singer in Royal Birmingham Alumni Choral Concert, “Birds, Bach & Biebl” at Bentley Academy, Mutiara Damansara, 6th July 2019.
- Musical Director / Ensemble Singer in 17th Malaysian Choral Eistedfodd 2019 National Choir Competition – Vocal Ensemble Category Winner, June 2019
- Musical Director / Soloist / Ensemble Singer in Tiny Concert Series “Songs Around The World” by KL Madrigal Singers (by VerSeS Music Ensembles), 18th May 2019, MK Community Centre, Kuala Lumpur.
- Musical Director, appearance on Astro Prima’s “Mingguan Wanita” together with Soprano Khairunnisa Diyana Md Noor, 3rd May 2019, Kuala Lumpur.
- Musical Director / Narrator in Tiny Concert Series “In Conversation: Dichterliebe” A conversational recital of Dichterliebe song cycle in multilingual explanation. 28th April 2019, Mano Thinking Magazine Library, Kuala Lumpur.
- Musical Director for “A Journey Through The Ages – Opera Edition” a solo recital of Soprano Khairunnisa Diyana Md Noor at ILHAM Gallery. 6th April 2019, Kuala Lumpur.
- Tenor soloist in “Revelations” the Harpsichord unveiling concert by Wicked Music People, 17th March 2019, Yellow Brick Road Cafe, Kuala Lumpur.
- Musical Director / Tenor Soloist in Tiny Concert Series “In Conversation: Dichterliebe” A conversational recital of Dichterliebe song cycle in multilingual explanation. 2nd March 2019, Rumah Attap Library & Collective, Kuala Lumpur.
- Pianist in “The Singing Balcony #7 – My Song Book”, 23rd Feb 2019, Kuala Lumpur.
- Musical Director / Ensemble Singer in “A Bouquet of Iris & Cornflower – Sacred” a full concert program of Bach and Poulenc motet as festival opening concert for 2018 Macau Vocal Festival (http://macau-vocal.org), 18th Nov 2018, Macau.
- Musical Director of “The Singing Balcony” in Urbanscapes KL 2018, 11th Nov 2018, Kuala Lumpur.
- Tenor soloist / Ensemble Singer in “A Bouquet of Iris & Cornflower” a concert of French and German classical vocal and choral music, 1801 Space PJ, 18th August 2018, Selangor.
- Musical Director / Conductor for VerSeS Acappella in MK Community Centre (c/o JCM Agape Network, Japan Church), 4th August 2018, Kuala Lumpur.
- Musical Director / Tenor in “Bach in 3 Flavours” a collaborative concert with Wicked Music People on the music of Bach in 3 forms (motets, duets and instrumental), 23rd and 30th June 2018, Yellow Brick Road Cafe, Kuala Lumpur.
- Musical Director / Ensemble Singer in collaboration outreach with Wicked Music People on Bach’s choral work and Early music on period instruments, 19th June, Hainan Association Choir, Thean Hou Temple, Kuala Lumpur.
- Musical Director / Ensemble Singer in collaboration outreach with Wicked Music People on Bach’s choral work and Early music on period instruments, 2nd June, Ann Perreau’s Music School, Petaling Jaya.
- Tenor Soloist in “A Tribute Concert to Master Lau Kok Yaw” Solo Segment
- Ensemble singer in “A Tribute Concert to Master Lau Kok Haw” Choral Segment
- Ensemble singer in “Himmelweit” concert with Compagnia Vocale Kassel, Germany.
- Tenor of the MMM Quartet in “Kunst trotzt Handicap” concert, 19th Sept. 2016, Documenta Halle, Kassel, Germany
- Tenor of the MMM Quartet in “Klinik Clowns 2” benefit concert, Kassel, Germany
- Tenor soloist in “Music Day” Concert by Music-Unterricht in Köln-Rodenkirchen, Germany.
- Ensemble singer in “Und jedem Anfang wohnt ein Zauber inne” concert with Compagnia Vocale Kassel, Germany.
- Tenor of the MMM Quartet in “Muzik Macht Menschlich” benefit concert, Kassel, Germany.
- Ensemble singer in “letzte lieder”, Frankfurt Am Main, Germany.
- Ensemble singer in “Gesang der Sterne” concert with Compagnia Vocale Kassel, Germany.
- Ensemble singer in “Hannoversche Winterreise”, 19th Oct 2014, Hannover, Germany.